Do I need to include a vapour barrier with either type of basement waterproofing system?

This would depend on the intended use for the area. For example if the area is to be used for ‘habitable’ space, a Vapour Control Layer would undoubtedly be required. However if the space is to be used for plant or storage then it may not be necessary. Further clarification can be found on Table 2 grades of waterproofing protection in BS8012.


With cementitious systems such as Vandex, a VCL may be required as these systems are vapour-permeable.


In addition a vapour control layer would be required where ground gases such as Radon need consideration. Please refer to our web page:




( search.php)


for further information.

Make an Enquiry


We'd be happy to help you 01403 210204 or Contact us Online